Wednesday, October 31, 2007

even more....

Just a few more pictures from Cannon Beach, and then on to new things: We went to the Lazy Susan (awesome breakfasts!) Sunday morning. I had a oatmeal waffle - who knew it would be a happy waffle? The other pictures are Amy and Naomi's food. Yum!

Other favorite landmarks are the Cannon Beach Bakery (Haystack Bread!) and Bruce's Candy Kitchen. I guess all things change at some point. The bakery has moved into new quarters since the last time I went, and Bruce's is up for a major remodel starting soon -I think they said November. That would be the lovely Amy pointing out the bakery sign.

Onto knitting! In mid-September, I talked about taking a workshop with Evelyn Clark on designing lace triangles. I did finally finish mine.
I used 1 skein of Malabrigo Lace and size 4 Addi lace needles. I'm not sure you can see the detail all that well, but it starts out with leaves, then a ripple motif, a medallion and then repeats the ripple and leaves. Fun to do. The book is marvelous. A great jumping off point to start to wrap my head around designing shawls.

While at Cannon Beach, we made many, many stops at Coastal Yarns right there in town. It was the first stop before even checking into our motel (we arrived 15 minutes before closing) and stopped in a few more times Saturday and Sunday. I ended up buying some STR and some Atacama in color 500 to make the Ella Rae t-shirt sweater. Since it's a handpainted yarn, I'm going to work two balls at the same time so I hopefully won't get too much pooling.



Obviously, I've started the sweater. I couldn't help myself!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Your shawl turned out great--I looooove the Malabrigo lace, and the sections flow together really well. Glad that I tracked down your blog, it WAS easy to find from Naomi's!