Saturday, November 10, 2007

Goin' for it~

I learned a nifty new bind-off technique today from Naomi and Melinda who had learned it at the Nihon class they are taking. It's similar to a 3-needle bind off, but it doesn't have such a thick selvage on the wrong side. Nice. So, after accidentally seaming the two front edges together (oops!) I'm ready to baste the steek stitches and cut the armholes. Oh my. Here goes!This is my new sewing machine. It's not fancy at all, but it's fairly heavy duty and has what I need. I've sewn since I was 10, and I'm not one for the computerized or embroidery machines. Maybe one day, but this is good for now. I had a great Bernina Sport machine but I gave it to Sara when she moved into her apartment in September.

Here's the beginning of the basting.

And the cut. There's no going back from here! Next I need to pick up stitches for the sleeves. At least I'm still breathing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe you just left us there with the scissors hanging out. Kind of like a crime in progress. I feel like I should call someone to report it.

Naomi said...

woo hoo! Awesome girl!

Can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you finally did it! What a milestone.

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, pretty! I know that Tava think's I'm a brave knitter for liking lace, but just the thought of cutting a sweater creeps me out - maybe some day. Until then, I'll just admire your handiwork! Hugs from NZ!