Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What I did on my summer vacation....

I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd updated. Hmmmmm.....

We did go to visit relatives in North Carolina in June. A very fun trip. Finally got to see fireflies, we ate North Carolina BBQ (we also learned that there, BBQ is a noun, where we live in the PNW, BBQ is a verb) got to visit with quite a bit of family, saw groundhogs (they are big!), lots of brick houses, many cemeteries, drank gallons of sweet tea and bought some pottery. We flew in to Charlotte (Doug has an aunt and uncle there) and then drove to Woodleaf and stayed there with more family for a few days. We did do a day trip to Asheville, but really didn't see much beyond scenery. I made a valiant effort to find yarn, but there really wasn't too much to be had. Besides that, none of the relatives knit, so it was deemed "'quaint" that I do.

So what have I been doing since quitting work at VYT? That will have to wait for the next post. I just checked the clock and I'm running late. Sarah of Plucky Knitter fame is flying in to Seattle this morning and spending a few days with Amy, Naomi and I before her husband, Mr. Plucky, meets her later in the week. Plans for today include Bainbridge Island (Churchmouse!) and Trophy Cupcakes. We are then talking about the possibility of Fremont and Ballard tomorrow with fajitas and margaritas at my house in the evening. Friday we head to Naomi's family cabin outside of Shelton. Should be a great few days!

2 comments:

jenknits said...

Nice to see your name pop up in my bloglines. How ARE you? Fireflies... I do miss those :-)

Knit and fall back in it said...

Fajitas and Margaritas??? Doesn't get much better than that right there.