Friday, February 23, 2007

Go With the Flow


My latest FO is this shell from Fiona Ellis's book "Inspired Cable Knits" she calls it Go With the Flow.

I cast on for this on January 1st and finished at 12:10 am Tuesday Feb. 20. Technically it didn't really take me all of that time to knit it - I took two weeks off to let my right wrist heal a bit and had some other items I worked on at the same time.

Why let my wrist rest you may ask? Well, I do knit quite a bit but the yarn for this was Dale of N*rway Stork. This is a fingering to sport weight yarn, and I worked this on size 1 addi turbos. And although I do knit continental (I pick), the lack of "give" on 100% cotton yarn tends to make my right wrist a bit sore.

Close up of the cables:




and of the lace and cable border:



All in all it was fun, it looks smoother now after a good wet blocking then it did for the photos. I really like the book and have plans to make more from this same book.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty sweater! I admire your working it on size 1 needles. It's positively gorgeous!

That's my middle name said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I can't wait to see it at the shop.

How's the bunny going? Knowing you it's already done. =)

Oiyi said...

Impressive work! Size 1 needles, I feel bad for your wrist.

Naomi said...

Excellent! Looks great! It is inspiration for me to finish mine!