Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I'm it!

(So, I wrote this post over a week ago. I just hadn't hyperlinked my hyperlink. I do tend to procrastinate. hmmmmm)

Kim tagged me for a meme. Having never done one of these before, I'm a little bit nervous, but here goes!

Seven random things:


1. I don't really like mushrooms. When I was a kid, I truly hated the slimy things because I was afraid that perhaps a mushroom picker person accidentally put a poisonous one in the bunch. I had the same fear for both canned and fresh mushrooms.


2. My favorite place to live would be Cannon Beach, Oregon. I love this place, I love the beach. My grandparents bought a place there in the late 50's and my dad's side of the family(my dad, uncle, aunt, my brother and I) owned it until about 6 years ago. We would go every summer for a week or so at a time, and often multiple times throughout the year. I often think it would be wonderful to eventually retire there someday.


3. I was extremely shy until I was 30 years old. At that point I had been asked to be on the board for a moms group I attended and I almost said no. But, I decided that I had enough of the shy routine, and decided that was something major I could change about myself. I still can be pretty quiet in a group, but I can also hold my own for the most part.


4. I wanted to be a math teacher when I was growing up. I was very good at math (and spelling!) and felt like that would be so fun. That is, until I got to 9th grade geometry. I took this class 3 times, and still couldn't pass it. The first two tries I had the same teacher. She and I didn't click (see above, I was shy and was very intimidated by her!) Third time, I don't know went wrong. I am still very quick at figuring things out, but have never gotten over my hatred of geometry. I then set my career goal towards music.

5. I didn't end up with a career in music (duh! I work in a yarn shop) I did take every music class that I could in high school and college. Our high school music teacher, Tom Reich, even came up with a special music class for those 5 of us that actually had some promise in this field. I do remember working on re-arranging music, don't remember much else except for that one of the main guys in the band, Queensryche (Eddie something or other) was also in this group. Maybe this was his grand start! Yeah, probably not.

6. When I was a kid, I used to dream that the Brady Bunch and/or Partridge Family was my own. I too sung on stage with Keith and Laurie and shook that tambourine. Or, I would drive around LA in a convertible with the whole Brady Bunch.

7. I am needle phobic. I get nauseous when they give injections on television. My mom tells of me having to be held down by a doctor and a nurse to get booster shots. I don't remember this. However, wouldn't you know, I'm ended up having to have bothof my kids by C-section. I'm the one they say "oops, I never have this much trouble" when it's time for an IV or blood test. I pretty much can handle it now, but I have to pinch my hand or something to hurt myself somewhere else on my body to take away the feeling of the needle. I think alot of it is trust, similar to the mushrooms. What if they have something sinister in mind? Keeping this all in mind, when I was trying to figure out a career/job/what I wanted to be, I really wanted to be a dental hygienist. The thing that held me back was that I was going to have to give patients injections, and that in school we would be practicing on each other. No way. I did dental assisting instead. I do love medical shows - Trauma, Life in the ER and certain things about House and I have a certificate in Medical Transcription. Just don't show a close-up of needle please!

Okay so now who should I tag? I think Naomi, and the first other six people who want to play along! (I don't know many who haven't done this yet, and those that I was planning to tag got tagged by our store blog. poo.)

Rules of the game: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write on their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.

2 comments:

Mack said...

how were nationals for your son? Reading your blog today I couldn't believe you mentioned Cannon Beach. I grew up spending my summers there (my folks bought a motel in 1959). Actually four miles south on 101. I will be going there with my family in August for a few days. My mom owns a house right in town that she rents out. Small World department!

Naomi said...

Oh NO! Deb told me you might tag me. Here I was so excited to see a new post! :)

Actually this meme is a good one. It is interesting to see what people write!

You were shy? Never would have guessed. Look at you now! (didn't mean to imply you were wild or anything...just NOT shy).