Thursday, January 24, 2008

My computer is stupid and a FO

So, a few weeks ago we had some snow. Not that big a deal, maybe 1 1/2 inches. At 6:00 the next morning, our power suddenly went out. Doug eventually got up, got ready for work and headed out into the cold unfriendliness. He was back in under 5 minutes. Apparently a large maple had fallen across the road completely blocking access to the outside world. There was a sheriff car there with lights flashing and everyone was told it would be 2 hours or more before the road would be opened again. Well, for some reason my computer has been acting strangely ever since. Naomi suggested I shut it down and repower it, which I was thinking should be done also, so I did this past weekend. Shoot. It came back on with a blue screen saying I had all sorts of corrupt file messages and the whatnot. So, the end result right now is that all of my beginning knitting teaching files are gone. Just gone. Zappo. Nowhere to be found. Same with most of my pictures, and my itunes. I'm hoping that I'm not totally messed up on the itunes, but I'm too scared to plug my ipod in to the computer. Fortunately Patrick is lending me his itrip so I can charge my big ipod that way. Does anyone know what a RICHED20.dll is? Apparently mine is gone.



My last post had a boatload of over ambitousness on my part that I'm really trying to fufill. Here's a picture of the first one - the Ella Rae T-Shirt sweater.

Ella Rae TShirt Sweater

Yarn - Atacama, color 500 8 skeins

I made the longer version, with the shorter sleeves

Started October (?) finished January 11, 2008

Love it! Really quick knit, nothing fancy which is what I was after. I really like it over a white oxford shirt with the sleeves rolled up and the tails of the shirt sticking out.

More pictures later - time to head out to work!

5 comments:

PICAdrienne said...

It is an Outlook dynamic link library (dll). If you have outlook, try doing a repair install. If you do not have outlook, I am pretty stumped. If you have outlook and don't use it, uninstall it.

amy said...

OHHH the blue screen of death. dear me. I have always found that on my parents computer you can do a system restore and choose a date before your computer died. That might work.

Also, going to the Microsoft website and downloading the latest updates can help (My work computer was getting the blue screen and my IT told me to do that).

You can also google the .dll file and come up with information on it. If you need help, let me know. I can sometimes get around ok on a PC.

Sarah said...

I would bring it in instead of trying to fix that one myself. I'd be scared to lose anything more!

I like that kind of sweater- simple and good looking!

Macoco said...

That's such a pretty sweater. I usually don't go for variegated yarns for sweaters, but that one works out perfectly.

Sarah said...

What a cute sweater! So, there is hope for me to knit one? Really?