Friday, January 18, 2008

This, that, and the other

Sorry, no pictures this post -my camera is acting weird. Probably just operator error, no surprise!

So, I thought I should write down my plans/goals for knitting this year. As you will see from my list, I tend to try and be an overachiever. Note, I said try to be, not that I actually am. So here goes.

To start this off, I have a lot of yarn. I really have a lot of yarn. Maybe not as much as alot of people out there, but still. I have decided for my own sanity, I'm not going to buy much yarn (although it's okay to buy at Madrona, of course!) this year until I get some of my projects done and some of the stash whittled down. So I plan to try and get one to two sweaters done per month. That won't take care of any of my laceweight or fingering weight, but that's okay.

January - Ella Rae TShirt Sweater in Atacama yarn, color 500. Done 1/11/08
Ruth's Kauni Cardigan
Cabled poncho for Sara in Plymouth Baby Grande Alpaca ,in dark green. Done 1/16/08
1 row of Pi Shawl per day. I started this with Naomi on January 1st. More later.

February - Peace Fleece Everyday Cardigan. Yes, I already did this in August 2007. More on this later too.
Aran sweater that was started 4 years ago. Just get it done already!
7 washcloths for Sara for her birthday. Cute cotton ones, one for each day of the week -(these will be for her birthday in March)

March - Lavold Margery Sweater in Silky Tweed
Hourglass sweater from Last Minute Knitted gifts in some yarn from Elann

April - Top down sweater out of my homespun (Spinderella's Thrums)

May - Lavold Hempathy top in orange - don't remember the name right now, doesn't matter right now
A Louet top in purple. All I remember about this pattern is that Naomi has it and it was purchased last LYS tour at churchmouse.

June - Another Lavold Hempathy top in Blue
A Louet top in a pretty blue and green tweed

July - Hand dye some knitpicks yarn I have for a new rogue (to replace the one that got shrunkified)
I have some Hemp6 but I can't remember which top, but they also came out with another top that I think I like even better.

August - Top down sweater in pink (moscow magic pink) Peace Fleece

Huh, I really thought I had this planned out through September, so that will give more more room to plan. I really think I'll be plenty busy!

4 comments:

amy said...

that is an impressive list! you amaze me so i won't be surprised if you get most of this done ;)

of course, that depends on how many days you'll lose from partying too hard at madrona, hah! just kidding :)

but seriously, the dreamsicle martini should be the signature madrona martini, it is YUMMY

That's my middle name said...

You'll be there to help us make them, right?

Sarah said...

If you get halfway through that list you will have done a ton of knitting! But I am sure you will plow through it!

Naomi said...

Man...I'll have to do a list like this! Man, you are ambitious but I know you WILL get them done. I think you wave a wand and that is how you get all your knitting done!

I agree..Amy you must help us with the dreamsicle martini's. We are counting on you!