Tuesday, May 15, 2007

LYS Tour and 3-day walk

Obviously things have been busy around here, thus the lack of posting. This coming weekend in the greater Puget Sound region (Bellingham to Renton and Bainbridge Island to Bellevue) 20 yarn shops are participating in a LYS tour. This will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and hours are extended until 9 pm Fri and Sat, and 6 on Sun. Each shop has come up with a one skein pattern exclusive to the tour and the yarn for the pattern will be 10% off. Amy, Naomi and I are going to spend the day together going to the shops in the south part of the tour.

I wrote the pattern for what our shop is doing, and the yarn.... you won't believe the coolness of the yarn. I can't talk about it until Friday, but the pattern was written for the yarn, not the other way around. No one else has this yarn, so it's kind of fun being part of it.

So here's my plan. I'm going to buy one of these exclusive skeins that everyone will want (!) and offer it as a contest. As I've mentioned before, I'm training for the 3-day walk that takes place in Seattle Sept. 7-9. I need to raise $2200 to participate, so to kick that off, everyone that donates to my 3-day account up until Friday June 1st will be included in this drawing. Here is a link on how to get to the donation page: 3-day . Click on donate today, then Seattle, then search on Ellen Gowey. That's me! If you decided to donate, and donations are tax deductible, leave a comment so I know who is in the drawing. Go ahead and spread the word! It's a great cause.

Okay - time for yoga and weights, then work. Have an awesome day!

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Yay! A post! I've been patiently waiting! Can't wait to see the yarn/pattern!!!!!

Angela said...

Oh - I wish I could join you this weekend!

Have fun!

Rebecca said...

Exciting! Will there be a way to donate without using a cc? I'd love to give you a donation to help your cause (not just for the shot at a new yarn, right?)