Monday, May 21, 2007

We're going to.......!!


No, not Disneyland, but Cincinnati! I don't think I've mentioned this before, but our son, Patrick is an avid rower. The NW Junior Regionals were held in Vancouver, WA this past weekend, and his Lightweight 8 (varsity)boat qualified for nationals. He is also the stroke for the Varsity Lightweight 4, but they cancelled the race due to weather so I think it's wait and see if that boat qualifies. We haven't made our reservations yet, but I really think we will go to watch the races. I've never been to Cincinnati before (actually it's Batavia, OH) are there any sites we should be sure to not miss? Granted most of our time will be spent at the lake watching various races, but still, I'm sure there will be some downtime.


As for the knitting front, I'm busy reorganizing my stash and trying to finish some projects this morning before I head off to work. Has anyone made the Noni Adventure bags? I'm having a hard time trying to find the 16" zipper with a double pull and plastic teeth that they recommend. I emailed the designer about the purse rings they show in the picture, the silver ones only retail for $100! Wow - I think I'll stick with the $4.99 ones I found at Pacific Fabrics thank you very much.

2 comments:

Mack said...

My daughter just got back from regionals as well! She is also a lightweight rower, their boat got third in their race Saturday but no racing for her Sunday. What rowing club does your son row with? My daughter is at Green Lake in Seattle. Have a great time at nationals!

That's my middle name said...

Hi ruthanne - I can't access your blog...my son rows for Sammamish. He couldn't race Sunday either, so I am wondering if they are taking the Brentwood scores or something for the LWT 4. What year is your daughter?