Friday, February 22, 2008

It's a contest!

ETA: The contest is closed - thanks for playing along!!


In honor of my one-year anniversary of blogging and my birthday (see 2/20), I'm having a blog contest with a cool prize...... the winner will receive enough Kauni yarn to make Ruth's really cute knit skirt*!! Oooo, Ahhhh. The colorway is EC - the black with variations of grey - it looks good on everyone, and I have it on good authority that Stephanie will be making the very same skirt in the same colorway. How do I know?? Well, not only has she already posted it on her blog (yes, that was me in the picture of the Kaunis) but we were in Ruth Sorensen's class all day on Friday at Madrona at the same table and chatted pretty much all day. I'm waffling between the grey/black and the denim. I just can't decide, and I really don't need two of the same skirt.



Okay, here's what you have to do. Below is a picture of all of my sock yarn. The question is this. How many pairs of socks can I make? There are a few duplicate balls/skeins, such as Louet Gems and some yarn from elann that needs one skein per sock. To clarify, I'm not asking how many balls/skeins there are, but how many pairs of socks (regular size 7 1/2 woman's foot) does this picture represent?? I also will not be making socks from the leftovers......



*The winner will need to buy the pattern from Ruth's website.

In other news, I'm still recovering from Madrona. I was talking to a coworker today to see how she was recovering, and I mentioned it was almost like recovering from an illness or surgery. I still feel walloped around 5 in the afternoon. I don't want to make this an extremely long post so I'll talk about Madrona 2008 next time.

Good luck guessing on the sock yarn - I'll close the contest on Wednesday and post a winner.

Have a great day!

39 comments:

emicat said...

Delurking to wish you a happy blogiversary! :)

I'm going to guess 47 pairs of socks!

Anonymous said...

It's a really small picture, but I'm guessing 35 pairs of socks

Jessica said...

Happy blogiversary.
I'll guess 32 pairs. If you don't make socks with the leftovers what do you do with them?

m. said...

I think that we're looking at 33 un-knit pairs of socks. Happy Blogiversary!

Unknown said...

I'm going a little more conservative and say 20 pairs... I'd love to see all the socks all piled up when they're done!

ikkinlala said...

Happy blogiversary!

I'm going to guess 40 pairs of socks.

Naomi said...

Um. I can't see how deep this pile is....so I'll guess 43. Happy Blogiversary by the way! I'm wiped out too!

Danielle said...

My guess is 39.
Happy blogiversary :)

wenat said...

I'm going to guess 42 pairs of socks in that beautiful pile. Happy blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

27.

Happy Blogiversary!

Knit and fall back in it said...

Happy blogiversary and happy birthday too! I think that looks like 38 pairs of socks.

helenlam said...

Happy blogiversary! Let's see...how about 37 pairs of socks?

Unknown said...

It's a great month for birthdays! Have a great one from another Pisces...

How about 46?

Awesome Mom said...

I am going to guess 41 pairs. That is an impressive stash of sock yarn. My stash is still a baby stash that can fit (mostly) in a large box. Congrats on your blogiversary!

Taylin said...

I'm going to guess.........28 pairs of socks. I hope I'm right, I love that skirt!

Kenyetta said...

I am guessing 30! Happy Blogiversary!

z's momma said...

Happy Bloggiversary! I'm guessing 67 pairs.

adrienne said...

i guess 53 pairs of socks

Elaine said...

Happy Blogiversary and birthday.

I'll try 44 pairs

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary - That's a lot of sox!


I'll guess 29 pairs

cthulhulovesme said...

Happy blogiversary! Eeep, My guess was already taken, so I suppose I'll go with 48 pairs of socks.

purple-power said...

I'll go with 22 pairs - which after all is a lot although lower than the other guesses!

Anonymous said...

I'll go with 37 pairs. Yeesh!

Happy Blogiversary!

monica said...

I wish my sock yarn stash looked that good! I'm guessing 31!

Anonymous said...

I'll take a stab at 49. That's probably high, but hey - no one has guessed that yet.

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

Congrats on your anniversary. I'm guessing there is enough yarn for 52 pairs, one pair for each week of the year.

The Bon said...

I was going to guess 35 but that was taken, so I'll guess 36.

ShakespearesLady said...

I'm guessing a really high number - 150

:)

Sharon Rose said...

I'll guess 25. Let's hear it for knitted skirts!

Turtle said...

Happy Blogiversary!! Lucky girl, i had to work through Madrona...again!! i am guessing 53 pair of socks!

AnnieMouse said...

I'm going high and assuming that most of the skeins knit a pair of socks and I'll say 45. (Besides, it hasn't been taken, yet.)

Tally Knits said...

52 sounds good. Happy Blogiversary and I'm envious of your sock yarn stash!

Anonymous said...

However many there are, it's amazing. I'm going to guess high - 92 pairs.

Happy blogiversary.

OhAmyKP said...

Hiya & thanks for the contest. I'm going to guess 47 pairs.

Jenna Z said...

I am going to say 34 pairs of socks! Happy anniversary and happy knitting!

Anonymous said...

I am going to go with 37 pairs. I love the sight of your yarns there - it's great!

Rachel said...

Happy Blogiversary!

I was drooling over that skirt on the Yarn Harlot's website just a few days ago, so definitely want to join in on the fun!

All I have to say is that's a whole lot of sock yarn...I'm impressed! So my guess is 75 pairs of socks.

Jen C said...

My guess is 36 pairs

Lucie said...

That is a lot of sock wool. You could do mittens..but I digress.
My guess is 51 pairs.
And Happy Anniversary.