Friday, July 6, 2007

.... and I don't have a speech



I've been tagged with this:
Which brings to mind a new blog on the web that I haven't talked about. The yarn shop I work for started a shop blog right around the time of the LYS tour. Pretty much just Deb blogs on it, but it's fun to read about tea, new yarns we have coming in, and this that and the other. Check it out here! Okay, so I guess I'm supposed to nominate others for this.... I choose Kim, Ginger and the Yarn Girls (Rebecca and Peggy). Enjoy!
What's on the needles today you ask?? Well, I totally gave up on the Charlotte's Web Shawl. That thing had been on the needles for about 4 years and I had it. For some reason my mind could not get itself around the chart and the written out part didn't seem quite right. Grrr. Oh well, I have been wanting to do the Forest Canopy Shawl anyways, so I am taking the color blending concept of good ol' Charlotte, and incorporating it into the FCS. There. Solved that problem. I don't really care that it's a beginner shawl, I'm also working on the MS3, so that's quite enough lace for right now. Should be done this weekend, and you know I'll be on to something new!
I've been trying to finish up projects on the needles. There are so many that I'm a bit nuts, frankly. I know I don't have as big a stash as a lot of you, but working in a yarn store, there is always something new I want to try!
If you are a customer of Village Yarn and Tea (my paycheck provider), be sure and come to knit night tonight! We are having a Harry Potter themed evening, with articles made up from the Charmed Knits book , and some Harry-inspired treats. We also brought in a bunch of Cascade 220 in appropriate house colors, so you can knit a scarf or something while you wait for the movie and book to come out. I'm not going to be there - we are going out with some old friends - but I'm sure you'll have fun without me.
Have a great evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ellen,
I found your blog on the shop one, how fun!
I only come by VYT for the tea, not being a knitter myself but when I was down south on vacation this weekend I saw a gal at a farmer's market and I thought perhaps you knitty type folks would like her bags so I snagged a card. This is her site. She said she does do wholesale with stores as well if that would be of interest to the shop.
Anyway, cute graduation photos below, keep that cheat sheet handy! Love pics of flowers, scenery, projects, etc.