Thursday, July 5, 2007

Ahem....






So I think I know what was wrong with my camera, besides trying to find the time to investigate why the computer wouldn't recognize the thing..... perhaps I was connecting in the wrong order?? and I thought I was trying different configurations, but my computer non-savviness still shone brightly? Hmmm..... I did find my cheat sheet, and lo and behold I have pictures! Now just to remember this order, or keep the cheat sheet close at hand.

Okay first up - graduation. Two weeks ago. Yep. Here's a picture of Patrick (the happy graduate) and his sister, Sara. Another one of Doug, Patrick and I.





So, we are on to the world of two kids in college. Yikes! I'm so glad they are both going though, I didn't have the chance to go to a 4-year university (4 years of various community college and then some, and then much later, a medical transcription certificate.) I really value higher education, so I hope I've instilled that in them, and that they will make the best of it!

So, what else have I been doing? I have so many projects on needles, that sometimes it gets a big overwhelming. I've been trying to reclaim some of these needles and get some things done. I did finish a Debbie Bliss jacket out of Astrakhan for the shop (no picture, I forgot). Made a market type bag with hemp6 :

I do like this yarn (twine???) I know that some are hesitant because of the feel, but sometimes you have to concentrate on what the end result will be, not just how it feels to knit with. It does soften up as you work with it, and there is a bit of hemp oil still present, so your hands feel a bit softer. The pattern for this is the shopper bag from LanaKnits that we have at the shop. I chose the dark brown color for two reasons. #1: I like it. #2: I had a student that had a ball left over that she didn't want. I am such a yarn rescuer, that of course I had to give it a home! I plan to use this bag next time I head to one of our many local farmers markets.


I also caved into the "everybody's doin' it" pressure and signed up for MS3. That's the Mystery Stole 3 in case you didn't jump on the bandwagon. I signed up a bit late (7/2) bought the laceweight yarn at work Monday, beads at BeadHut in Kirkland Tuesday morning before work/class and cast on that night. I'm done with the first clue now, and feel all caught up. It's not 100% perfect, but it's close enough for me at this juncture, so I'm going with it. Here's my progress. I can't really tell what it is yet, but that is exactly the point! I'm using Zephyr Merino/Silk in the mushroom colorway, on size 4- 24" Addi lace needles. I found these really cool greenish/brownish beads (hematite??) to go with it. If you are interested in starting this, she is closing sign-ups July 6th at 9 pm eastern time. Go here to sign up!
I've worked on something in secret......
and am getting ready to frog something else.


These are the Pomatomus socks from Knitty. We are not friends. I tried to like them. I restarted 3 times. I'm just not loving them. They have been sitting in my knitting basket for over a month, and i don't care if they get finished. Time for the frog pond! I'm going to do Monkey socks instead. People seem to love the pattern, so I'm going to give it a try. (Yarn is Fleece Artist merino - I don't think they make this colorway anymore.)



So I'll leave you with prettiness: Thursday sky we are having incredible weather~







4 comments:

amy said...

hi ellen! glad to see you got your pictures sorted out!

i am going to come to the shop tonight. hopefully naomi will be there too so we can talk about cannon beach!! i am so excited!

That's my middle name said...

Yea!! Cannon Beach - I can't wait~!

Macoco said...

Congratulations on the graduation! You sound really proud of both of them. :)

Anonymous said...

Your MS3 looks fantastic!!