Thursday, July 26, 2007

Stole'n Bases

Hi there -ever get so busy that you sort of kinda just forgot that you have a blog to post to? I was thinking it had just been a few days. Uhh, no it had not. So then, where was I?

Tonight is Stitch n' Pitch in Seattle. Very busy, very crazy, but so much fun! I really like working at it because you are behind the scenes, and really get to met a whole lot of people. So, if you are attending tonight, be sure and come and introduce yourself! I will be at the Village Yarn and Tea table. I don't know exactly where we will be set up until we get there, but the past two years we have been in the big open square area, at the front right corner as you face the field. Just ask anyone there for Ellen, if you don't already know me!

In the past, some of us at the shop have written a pattern or two specifically for this game. For the first Stitch 'n Pitch, I made a short row "baseball" bag. My kids think it's really ugly. I was asked to make some sort of bag, had a specific yarn I was supposed to use and very little time. I'll let you be the judge!

So this year, after the success of the touring wrap for the LYS tour, I thought I'll try some more of the Fleece Artist Suri Blue. So very, very nice to work with. I played around a bit, and thought about it some while working on my Mystery Stole 3. All of a sudden it clicked! Stole. Baseball. Bases. And Eureka, Stole'n Bases came to be born. It's at the printer right now, but I got to see the first print - it looks cool! (and much more dignified)

This pattern will be available for sale at the game tonight. My driving force behind this is that I really need to raise a ton more money for the 3-day walk. All of my proceeds from this pattern will be going to my 3-day account. Right now, I'm at $45.00, and I need to raise a total of $2200. I have two very wonderful people who have donated, but with two kids in college, I can't afford to write off the rest (I couldn't even if they weren't in college!) So, if you feel so inclined, I would so appreciate any pattern purchase or other donation you may feel like you can do. Okay, enough of that for now. I will try and figure out a direct link to post on the left hand side of this page, but computers and I don't always get along too easily. Leave a message in this post if you have questions. Thank you so much!

What else have I been up to? We finally had a graduation party for Patrick - just a simple bbq and all in the yard. Do you ever feel like these "simple" bbqs just wallop you? We got the yard all cleaned up, cooked for two days, spent way too much money on food and assorted beverages, etc. It was a very fun time though, and I think Patrick had a good time visiting with friends and family.

The Noni humongo adventure bag is coming along. I have done 63 of the 90 rounds and have about 3 1/2 skeins left to work with. It's quite heavy, and very, very big so far.



Doug and I took a trip on the Spirit of Washington Dinner train last Wednesday. We had wanted to go for a long, long time, but had never gotten around to it. Last fall they started talking about the possibility that they would either stop doing the train or that it would have to move, and so we felt like we should just make reservations and do it. Of course, it took us 6 months (probably more!) to get around to it, but I'm glad we did. Food wasn't really that great, but it was fun traveling along looking out the window and seeing the sights. About half the trip goes through our regular "stomping grounds" so we just got to see things from a different perspective. Here are some pictures from the trip. Alot of them were pretty blurry, so I am popping in a few so you can feel like you were along for the ride.


Bellevue at night from the Wilburton train trestle:

Happy Hubby on the train!




Big pile o'tires - artfully stacked?
Hopefully I will see some of you tonight - go to go get ready now!

6 comments:

Naomi said...

Yee Haw! A post! :)

I love the stole, the stole n' bases play on words! I can help you get the link on the side for your donations!!!! Let's do it Saturday!

You are so talented!!!!!

Love the photos of the train ride, too.

Terri said...

I did not know the pattern was for a good cause. Or should I say a better cause then my knitting. It will be done in time for next year's Stitch & Pitch.

Tell me about the oh so cute pinkinsh top you were wearing last night.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that the pattern was for such a good cause! I've been meaning to find out how to provide support for your walk! I'll have to get that pattern now--somehow I missed it last night--in my zeal to get the new stitch n pitch markers!! Thanks again for your help on the shell!

That's my middle name said...

Hi Terri - The top I was wearing is probably one of our most popular patterns this summer! It's a really quick knit too. The pattern is the Summer Swing Shell by Misti Alpaca. The yarn is Misti Alpaca Pima Cotton and Silk. Size medium only took 3 skeins!

As for my pattern, I told as many people as possible, but I didn't talk to each person buying it either.....

Anonymous said...

So, is the pattern available at VYT so I can pick it up on Saturday? :D

That's my middle name said...

Ginger my friend! Yes, the Stole'n Bases wrap is available at VYT. It's $5, and my proceeds go to my 3-day account. Thanks!