Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Didja vote?

I did! There were not really even any lines to speak of at my polling place. I waited about 3 minutes, then it was my turn. I think I was a bit disappointed I didn't have to wait a bit - I anticipated waiting for awhile, so I brought some sock knitting. Didn't touch it. I did see some 20-something poll workers there - it was nice to see that age bracket represented - it's usually the 60-70 something age range volunteering where we vote.

I did go and get my free tall drip coffee and I also bought a pumpkin scone (yum!) to make up for the fact that they were giving away so much coffee today. I know it really doesn't cost them that much for drip coffee, but still, it was a nice gesture on their part. I know some cynical people see it as a marketing ploy - me? I try to see the happier side of life. I decided to pass on the free Trophy cupcake, the free Krispy Kreme and the free B&J ice cream.

Wow - it just started hailing here. Cool!

So I think I will be settling in for the evening -I just started a nice fire, and we will be watching election results, eating leftover chicken enchiladas, and I'll be knitting on my Tilia sweater. Enjoy your evening!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

how can you have that much done already?? you ARE a machine!