Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy November!

November, the month of NaNoSweMo (National November Sweater Month) and NaBloPoMo (National November Blog Posting Month). I'm not signing up for anything official, but I am going to try and get another sweater done this month and be more regular (note - I didn't say everyday!) about posting.

As for the sweater, I still need to decide what I'm going to make. I have a ton of Evilla preyarn that I spun, that I think will turn into Ruth's Rhubarb Cardigan. I loved hers when she was out, and I'd really like one too. I'm not sure if she did hers out of Evilla or Kauni, but since it's really a sweater based on gauge and measurements, it doesn't really matter.

My second option was to be the Elsebeth Lavold Margery, but after seeing finished pictures of it on Ravelry, I'm not sure I like it as much as I did. The sleeves seem rather bell like, and there is definitely some errata attributed to the pattern. I don't really want to spend a ton of time rewriting the pattern, so I think Margery has officially been frogged. Next would be to look for some other Lavold patterns that I can do a 38-40" bust with 7 skeins of silky wool.
I do have finished objects. I completed what I call my "Lint" sweater. I used Karen Alfke's top down pattern and then winged it from there. It's a deep v-neck, just a comfy sweater to through on. Not all that flattering, but it's warm. The yarn is homespun, in that I spun it. (not the Lion Brand - yuck). I had about two pounds of Spinderella's Thrums that I spun to a bulky yarn (3 sts/inch on size 10 needles) The reason the sweater was named the Lint sweater is that I was trying to describe the yarn to Naomi one day. I said it was sort of a grey with purple-y and teal bits and sparkle thrown it, sort of like dryer lint with lumps of color.

Socks were finished too - I already posted the Rocktober Charade socks, but I also finished the Rivendells and a pair for Sara out of Meleinweit Meeting. The Rivendells, once I had a chance to really pay attention to the pattern, were actually fun. I'd make another pair.








I'm off now to visit with friends, and knit and spin for the afternoon. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Have I told you more than a few times that you are like a knitting machine? :)