Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Progress



Doug and I (and my brother, Dave) headed over the mountains to Pullman to visit the boys this past weekend. My nephew also attends WSU, (he's a year older than Patrick) thus, the reason my brother went along. It was Dad's weekend and while there were some planned "activities", we chose not to participate and do our own thing. We played some video games, watched a movie, went out to eat, played cards and just chatted. We also went to the football game. Now for some reason, the big three football teams (Seahawks, UW Huskies and WSU Cougars) are having terrible, terrible years. So although the Cougs lost yet again, at least they scored 4 touchdowns this game. All in all, we had a really nice visit, and we are looking forward to having Patrick home for a week at Thankgiving.
Since it is a 5 hour drive to Pullman, I did get a lot of knitting done on the Tilia Sweater. Below is how things looked on Thursday morning (back done, front lace section started):and this is where I am tonight. Just the sleeve caps to go and I'll be seaming. Most likely this will be done tomorrow and I'll continue on with some Christmas knitting. I think between the two photos, the bottom one is more true to color.
I've done some spinning too - when Naomi and I went to OFFF she bought 8 oz. of Superwash Merino from Crown Mountain Farms in the Born to Be Wild colorway and she very kindly split it with me. I wish I had taken a before picture of the fiber but sometimes I just get too anxious to spin it up and just have the finished product to show! So, if you want a before, you can find it by clicking on the Born to be wild link above, and here it is in all it's spun up glory:

I ended up plying this as a 3-ply yarn. I didn't think it would be so pink, but I absolutely love it! It's just pretty and I plan to knit it up into a pair of socks.
Another two storms are supposed to be rolling in tonight.....we shall see!

No comments: