Monday, November 3, 2008

The start of something good!

It's not a very good picture - but the color is fairly accurate. This is nearly 3 repeats of the lace edging of the Tilia sweater. It's a really easy chart (gotta love the K3togs!) so I'm hoping I will just breeze through on it.

I've also started some Christmas knitting - I know that some of my gift recipients read this, so suffice to say I have finished 4 hats and one pair of men's size 12 socks. Still more to knit but I'm happy to be making progress. I cast on for another pair of socks today, and we will be heading over to visit Patrick at school soon and therefore will have some car knitting time. I really like Brooklyn Tweed's Turn a Square hat - it's my hat choice for this season, using Berroco Ultra Alpaca and Noro Silk Garden.

I felt a bit of a sense of relief today - Naomi and I went together to drop off our fleeces at Superior Fibers to be processed. They seem really nice - I spoke with Bill on Friday afternoon, and we met his wife Inge today. She thinks there turn around is about 4 weeks right now. I can't wait to see Tilly and Jemima all made up into roving! I did try washing the white fleece in the tub, and did card some of it, but I'm just thinking it really isn't my sort of thing. I don't really have a great area that I can have equipment set up - it tends to happen in the living room or kitchen. At least I will know the process when others talk about it!

For my U.S. readers - don't forget to vote tomorrow! I never talk politics and try and stay right in the middle, but it is an important right that we have. Besides, at least in the Seattle area, the coffee place that starts with a "S" is giving out free tall drip coffees! Whoo Hoo!

No comments: