Thursday, March 8, 2007

"Bea"utiful!


I finally finished the little girl coat that I've been working on as a shop model. It's called "Bea" - knit with Rowan Soft Baby and the pattern is found in the Rowan Little Treasures book. I added the silk ribbon french knots on the yoke just to make it even more decorative. It even has this really cool pleat in the back!

My socks that rock socks finally got here on Monday. I'm excited to start these - but I've been trying to get a few other things off the needles first. Here's a peek at what arrived! The colorway is called "Monsoon". There is a message inside the label that says "Stay on your toes". The pattern for this month is a toe-up sock with short row heels. Not the way I prefer to make my socks, but I'm planning on doing the pattern as written, so I'm game.



Next up is a gauge swatch!

Edited to add: Hooray! I got gauge on the first go-round on size 0 needles.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet little coat ~ can't wait to see it! Now why didn't I sign up for the Sock Club? doh. Great color on that hank...sob. I want some.

Macoco said...

The sock yarn is beautiful. That coat is so cute and dainty! Great job.

jenknits said...

That coat is so precious! We missed you at spinning last night, but I suppose everyone deserves a night off once in a while.

Naomi said...

That is so darn cute! That sure was quick! Did you start the socks yet? I completely frogged mine. See you soon!

Jules0988 said...

Precious coat and since I just found out my daughter in law is expecting a Grandaughter for us it would be a nice addition to her layette. Thank you for sharing- Jules

Anonymous said...

I saw the coat at the shop on Saturday, it's beautiful. You always do such great work.

Sarah said...

what a sweet coat!!