Friday, March 2, 2007

Clover the Bunny




Just to be silly, I wanted to name this bunny "Pat" but didn't. She just looks like a "Clover" to me. Cast on 2/21, finished knitting 2/22, but the finishing touches weren't done until a day or so ago. I thought the rear-end portion looked odd, Ginger pointed out I forgot a tail! Oops - borrowed the shop pom-pom maker last night and voila! C'est fini. Another project to cross off.

Specs: Fibertrends Bunny Fun pattern
1 skein Cascade 220 quattro - sort of a tan and cream color
bits of leftover mohair (ears) and brown Cascade 220 (feet)
1 yard Hana silk ribbon for neck

Jess and I cast on for our shawls at the shop yesterday - she's a bit wary of charts but she was also short on time, so we got the first 12 rows done (only 22 sts right now). We'll start some chart tackling soon. She's actually a very brave and adventuresome knitter. I had her in a class sometime last year - maybe spring? She signed up for a build your skills class, but hadn't really done much knitting. Her first project was that wedge shaped lace wrap in weekend knits (I don't have the book, and don't have time to research it out). She's very much a go-for-it girl.

Today I took S (my daughter) to the DMV so she could get her license renewed. There doesn't seem to be a convienient DMV near the University, so we got to spend some time together this morning. This had to be a record time for the DMV - we walked in, took a number and they immediately called it. Cool! Since she's 15 days short of 21, she still will have the vertical license, but it doesn't really matter to her as long as it's legal. She's lucky that her picture turned out really cute too.

Last but not least we are having a pajama party tonight at work (remember, I work at a yarn store). Once a month (first Friday) we have something called "Knit Night" where we stay open later ('til 9) and have tea and snacks and customers can come in and hang out and meet other customers and such. Tonight will be fun because not only are we there until midnight, but we are having Yarn Pirate's first trunk show, and we got a bunch of new Rowan in. More things in store too!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Precious! Clover does fit...
Hope the PJ party was fun! I love an excuse to hang out in mine :)

jenknits said...

Hi! It's Jen! I found your blog! Amy had a link to it from her blog which is ever so nice. Happy belated birthday! Clover the bunny is soooo cute! You should show a picture of the tail. Thanks for the fun times at the pj party. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

That Bunny is stinking cute! I forgot to tell you last night! Next Thursday - more Peacock Shawl? I need you to hold my hand while I suss out these chart thingies.

That's my middle name said...

Jess - I'm not working Thursday (have a mandatory meeting for Patrick at school). How about I meet you at 3 at VYT, and we'll just work on reading the charts for an hour or so?

Anonymous said...

Bwaha! My daughter *did* get a bunny and name it "Pat." ;-) That's one cute bunny, and even cuter in person. Thanks for such a good time, Ellen!

Anonymous said...

Clover is adorable! She would make a great Easter present for some children I know. I now must find the pattern!

Anonymous said...

Ellen, I have been stalking the mailman every afternoon, but my package has not yet arrived. I was somewhat comforted by yesterday's picture on the Rockin' Sock Club blog of the enormous stack of boxes waiting to be mailed. I hope yours and mine are somewhere in that stack!

Barb said...

Cute Bunny!! The PJ party was awesome too! Glad we got to be there and par-tea with you. I'll have to come to more of the knit night events. What fun!

Macoco said...

Clover is precious!