Friday, March 23, 2007

Here I am!

Yikes - I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd updated! I've been camera-less this week - D and S took a father/daughter road trip for her spring break (her choice). They went to Eastern Oregon to explore abandoned buildings, look for interesting roads, and ghost towns. They both really enjoy photography, so S took her cameras, and D took his digital. As a result, no pictures of recently finished items, and I am now shopping for a digital camera of my own!

So what's new?? I finished the Lady of the Lake Garter Stitch jacket for the shop today - I'm looking forward to wearing it once in a while this spring before the weather gets too warm. It's a very quick knit - knit sideways and very little shaping. I'll be posting a picture as soon as I can.

S turned 21 last Saturday - yes, my daughter is a St. Patrick's Day baby. She went out with her best friend and got to be legal and all. The four of us went out the next night to DragonFish - a pan-asian restaurant in downtown Seattle. We hadn't been there before, but my friend Jessica recommended it, and we all liked it. We will definitely be going back.

Last weekend was a busy knitting and spinning one. Victoria, one of the shop owners had a gathering at her house Friday night, and also invited along some of our shop regulars. Amy was there, as well as Naomi and others. Naomi has a cute picture on her blog showing all of us that wore their handknit socks.

Saturday morning I made a nice birthday breakfast of quiche, fruit salad, and cinnamon rolls, and then went to Naomi's to spin some more. I ended up finishing up some spinning I've been working on - I bought 8 ounces of superwash merino from Crown Mountain Farms in the "I've Got You Babe" colorway. I sort of liked it when I bought it at Oregon Flock and Fiber last fall, and then had a heck of a time spinning this and wasn't really sure I liked it at all when it was a single. Plied, it's starting to grow on me. We'll see. Again, pictures are forthcoming...

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Yay! A post! Can't wait to see pics. I'm really want to see how the crown mountain spun up! I thought it was so pretty before the plying. I think my warming up to greens is your and Rebecca's influence!

Macoco said...

I can't wait to see the Lady of the Lake Garter Stitch jacket. That father/daughter vacation sounds like so much fun!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I bet they come back with great pictures. Can't wait to see yours when you get a chance to take some!