Thursday, March 1, 2007

March??

Although the calendar says March, we woke up this morning to 2" of snow on the ground. Some places north of me got up to 10" of snow! This just does not happen in the greater Seattle area. Sure, we get some late winter snow (I've been known to even wish for snow on my birthday) - but usually it's just a dusting. Wonky~!

Since it's the first of the month, I like to start something new on the needles - doesn't always happen but today it will. I have a student/customer/friend (Jessica) that has really been wanting to do the Fiddlesticks Peacock Feathers Shawl. I too have been wanting to make it - we carry some of the Fiddlesticks patterns at work, have the Zephyr laceweight yarn, so I told her I'd start with her on March 1st and we'll do a shawl-along. Should be fun!

We got a huge shipment of Fleece Artist yarn in at the shop yesterday - Lady of the Lake Jackets, lots of the poncho kits, some roving and 66 skeins of the merino sock yarn. Beautiful, beautiful stuff! We have had the new SeaWool for a week or so, and that is flying out the door too (Seasilk is gone - we ordered more). So the point of saying this, is that I get to make one of the Lady of the Lake jackets as a shop model! I'm excited to start this too - I'll be casting on for that today also.

Have a great March 1st!

No comments: