Monday, March 12, 2007

D and I spent a good part of Saturday trying to clean up more from the December storm that we had and getting spring weeds under control. We managed to very quickly fill up all of our yard waste cans, and still have enough branches for one more go at it. I didn't have a blog at the time of that storm, but it was pretty bad around here. Our yard was literally covered with branches and limbs, and then to top that off, we were out of power for 5 days. Anyway, that's over and we have some pretty major stuff to clean up and organize in the yard. More on that as time goes by.

Not a lot of knitting going on - I was working on the Lady of The Lake jacket for work, but came across a snafu in the the pattern - I'll email Fleece Artist today to get some clarification. I know how I would work this section (the label on the first front section) but I need a better answer for customers.

I also worked a bit on the STR monsoon/February socks - I'm not too sure about the toe, as it seems a bit big. We didn't have any size 00 needles at work, so I'm at a holding point until I decide what I'm going to do.

D also put our crown moulding up on our cabinets, which means I can take my Bauer bowls and the remainder of my kitchen things out of storage. We have been remodeling this house we are in ever since we moved here in 1994. Pretty much one room at a time - kids rooms first, then bathrooms. Five years ago we started a major kitchen remodel - completely gutting the existing kitchen, taking a deck off, and pushing the side of the house out. We ended up having our kitchen in our living room for about a year or so (a bit longer), but now the end is definitely in sight.

That's all for now. I have to go find the last of those kitchen boxes - it's like Christmas!

3 comments:

Bijoy said...

interesting stuff you have got here keep up the good work.kewl blog like to visit more be in touch keep the good work up


regards Biby - Blog

Naomi said...

I have the same issue with the monsoon pattern. In fact I completely frogged it and I was knitting on....000 size needles. Decided there was no way I was going to continue because it would take me F0-EVAH! I'll modify.

I'd love to see photos of your remodeling!

Take good care...hope to see you Thursday nite and maybe Saturday!

Merry Christmas!

Jules0988 said...

Kudos to you on the remodeling. We just went through a minor remodeling in our kitchen , it really played on the nerves and we were only out of commission for a week. I can't imagine your predicament. I enjoy your blog - keep up the good work-C'ya , Jules