Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Not MIA!



Okay, I think posts will start to be a bit more regular now - I bought a camera for myself from Amazon and it's here! I'll need a few days to figure out getting it set up on the computer, but it's cute and lovely and I can take it along with me. Yippee!

So what have I been up to? Doug and I have been doing massive weed patrol in the yard, and still have two piles of branches to cut up and get rid of. Better yet, my STR monsoon socks are done! (pictures not from my new camera yet, alas...) Alot of people doing these have been having trouble with fit. They were worked toe up, with a short row heel and then a 5/1/5 cable on the leg so there wasn't a whole lot of give there. The yarn is their midweight, but I ended up doing the toes on 00's, the foot and heel on 0's and the leg on 1's. Of course I did these on Addi turbos (my favorite needles) so the leg was really a 2.5mm.


The foot did that weird swirly-stripe that STR can do, and then the leg was a more consistent stripe - hard to see with the ribs and the cables though.

The other thing I've been working on a lot is training for the Avon 3-day walk. This will take place September 7-9. I am not a person who works out. At all. I did play soccer in high school, but that was really a long time ago. Right now I walk 3-4 miles 4 times a week and do a crosstrain twice a week (I chose yoga). I was so very very sore the first week or two, but now I'm getting better at it!

More soon - time to get ready for work!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I like the socks! have fun with the new camera!

Naomi said...

Girl. The last time I saw you you hadn't started on the Monsoon STR did you??? Will you bring them Thursday night? They look awesome!

Macoco said...

Your socks are beautiful! And congratulations on the new camera - can't wait to see more pictures. ;)

Kim said...

Love the everything you pictured on the blog. And, FYI, you are a great spinner in your own right.