Friday, April 20, 2007

Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows

Yes, we have sunshine. No lollipops, but look at this!




This is a wonderful shetland wool from Estonia, to make Ruth's Kauni cardigan. Naomi has made a wonderful new Danish friend (Ruth)and she graciously offered to ship Naomi another order so that I and a few others can also make this. I am so excited! I'll be going over to Naomi's house to knit on Saturday for a bit, so I will be trying to finish a few things around here today so that I can swatch and get started tomorrow. Check out Naomi's blog to see how her sweater is coming along. Thank you so much Naomi!!

After work last night, I went over to Amy's to knit and watch Grey's. We have some really yummy edamame, this great iced tea she got in London (marzipan, who knew it would be so good as an iced tea?)and raspberry turnovers. Check out her hearth she just tiled. Very cool in person and fits her decorating style just right.

People have heard me talk about our cat Wasabi. We got her at the King County animal shelter about 1 1/2 years ago. We do let her outside, but only with extreme supervision, and for the most part she is very good about coming when we call her. (I trained her with dried salmon kitty treats.)She is a smoke colored kitty - her undercoat is very light grey, with a black top coat. Her toes have these cool light colored tufts between them, so I like to fluff them up and make them look like claws. Makes her look tough. (She's not).

We have a new sock yarn at the shop from Skacel/Zitron called "Freestyle". Not quite sure how I'm liking it. The stripes aren't consistent, actually very random. I wish there was some more blue in it too - I think the blue is mostly going to show up in the toe and the cuff of the sock. I chose to make this as a toe up sock 1) because there is only 165 yards in this puppy, and 2) I wanted the practice. I thought about a pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks, but it's too busy for that.
Here's the photo:
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Macoco said...

Those yarn cakes are beautiful. I clicked on the picture for a bigger look - gorgeous.

I kind of like the random stripes in the socks!