Wednesday, April 4, 2007

What should it be?

I haven't just been knitting shop items and socks that rock, I started spinning almost exactly two years ago. I still consider myself a rank beginner, 'specially when I hang around with some of the people I do at work. We have a spinning group at work that meets the second Thursday of each month, so that has been a lot of great learning and inspiration.

Anyway, the latest item off the wheel is this:


It started out as pencil roving from Crown Mountain Farms - specifically their superwash merino in the "I've got you babe" colorway. I purchased it at Oregon Flock and Fiber festival last fall. When I was done spinning and plying, I thought I had fingering weight, but after soaking and drying it had definitely "bloomed". Now I'm thinking it's more DK weight. The original intention for this was going to be socks, but now I'm considering Evelyn's lace leaf shawl.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Christa said...

I'm not sure what it should be, but definitely be something that shows it off. The yarn is beautiful.

Angela said...

I think it's gorgeous.

Do you have enough yardage to do a shawl? Maybe Evelyn's Spinner's Shawl?

Anonymous said...

Ooo, pretty pretty yarn. You ARE NOT a rank beginner any longer ;} Any pattern you choose will be beautiful, but Evelyn's Leaf Lace is really just the greatest shawl. I think that's a good choice. Better than DK weight socks, fer sur.
Peggy

Sarah said...

it is gorgeous! I would have to have that sitting around for a while just for looking! I am sure it will knit up beautifully though