Friday, April 20, 2007

Roy G. Biv

I did a bit of playing around with colored pencils to try and decide how color placement should be on the Kauni cardigan. These are my options:



That might be a bit hard to see, but I have three options based on how the yarn is wound. Actually, mathmatically there are more, but I want the colors to develop in the same order. I have three "cakes" and a wee one that I am not counting (more as a continuation of the the smallest cake instead). So I numbered them 1,2,3. Those are the numbers you see in the picture. I think right now my favorite is the first one, starting with balls 1 and 2. I'm not a huge orange fan, although I like it enough, I don't think I want it at the bottom of the sweater. Purple and green is my absolute favorite color combination, so I guess my choice was easy.

I got the idea from Naomi - she said go and look at Melinda's color study for the sweater. She's also making the same sweater - it's nice to be able to check in on the two of them to check progress!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

E - post away on the Blue Moon. Got mine today, finally! I love the yarn! I'm not as sure of the pattern but I'm open!

Tava said...

Ellen, I have a new blog, www.bunniesbudsandbabies.blogspot.com. Check it out!
-Tava