Thursday, April 12, 2007

Where in the world?

I thought I'd try one of those quiz thingies I see other people posting - huh - London. I've really never had a hankering to visit there.. who knew? I am hoping the four of us can go to Europe next summer though!




You Belong in London



A little old fashioned, and a little modern.

A little traditional, and a little bit punk rock.

A unique soul like you needs a city that offers everything.

No wonder you and London will get along so well.



Other places I really would like to visit someday.. Colorado, the NE in fall, North Carolina (hopefully this summer?), Nova Scotia and PEI. Mexico is somewhere in there too, Patrick is pretty fluent so he could help us middle through. Love to go back to Hawaii again.

Why North Carolina? Doug's mom Donnie was from Woodleaf, NC. She came to Seattle in her late teens to stay with an Aunt and Uncle for the summer, met her future husband, and ended up moving back out here. They ended up being married for I think 55 or 56 years: 6 kids, 16 grandchildren. Donnie would take the kids on the train from Seattle to NC every few years to visit. There is an extended family back there still, and the huge house is still in the family (although I'm not sure it's in a condition to stay there!). Anyway, longer story short, Donnie died of cancer this past Oct. 29 so we thought it might be a nice vacation to do. I've never been on a train before either (except a Seattle-Portland run when I was young) so could be interesting too. Right now we are waiting to see what the kids schedules will be like for summer, as we definitely want them to go (they want to go too).

Sara is waiting to hear from some internships that she applied to - she won't hear until end of May. Otherwise, she has a job on campus in a lab, doing lab stuff. (Actually, the studies sound interesting). Patrick may have an easier schedule... he will either look for a job in construction or stay at the grocery store stocking those shelves.

What else is going on? Well, I haven't offically signed up for the Avon 3-day walk, but I have been training for it. I guess I did mention that before, but amazing for me, I am sticking with it. Today I'll walk 4 miles, tomorrow 5.

On the knitting front, I did finish my trekking 100 socks. I have a picture in my camera, but I have to make sure that since I have the same brand as my husband but a different model that I don't mess something up by loading the software. I haven't had enough downtime with taxes, etc. to read the booklet yet. So I just take some pictures for future use!

I also finished a baby sweater (size 1-2) for the shop. I used the Nashua Ecologie Cotton in the grey color and did the rope sweater from Miss Bea's Seaside. Cute, fun quick knit. I'd do it again, but would like to try the Rowan denim to have the shrinkage and the color fade. Alas and alack, we don't carry that right now, so I subsituted.

Tonight's spinning at VYT(6-9). If you're around, bring your wheel or drop spindle, or just hang out with some fun people. Thursday nights are usually pretty fun anyways!

No comments: