Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Today is Doug's and my 25th wedding anniversary. We've been together 27, but got married August 14th, 1982 - it also happened to be his mom's birthday. We are getting ready to take Patrick over to WSU first thing in the morning, so we are having a very simple evening. I bought some deli salads from the grocery store near my work (Ballinger Thriftway/ Village Thriftway has the best deli!) and a great bottle of champagne. We are planning a trip to North Carolina hopefully in October so I was just looking for something simple. I did buy a really cool fire bowl for Doug for a gift, so that's how dinner evolved into a picnic on the patio. My gift, to be selected when things aren't quite so busy, will be a simple anniversary band.

That's it for now - we have a bottle-ly shaped gift of some sort to open from the kids later this evening - after Sara gets home from work. There is definitely a cork in it......

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope it was a great one!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! 25 years is huge, and very inspirational.

Terri said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Deli and champagne, sounds perfect.

Angela said...

Happy Anniversary! Several of my favourite gentlemen are named Doug.