Thursday, August 23, 2007

so where were we....

Okay, instead of one massive blog update, (because that's what tends to overwhelm me!) I'm going to try and do a few different snippets over the next few days to try and catch up.

I guess I never said anything about Stitch n' Pitch other than "bye, I'm off!" I can certainly do a bit better than that, albeit a month later. So, as you know I whipped up a new lace wrap pattern to try and have a bit of a way to raise funds for my 3-day walk. No pressure, no mind that I came up with this idea about a week and a half before the date. It did get done, and the finished project turned out great - both the knitted sample and most of all I think the pattern looks really cool. The hardest part for me, not being especially computer savvy was getting the chart to fit correctly on the page. Sara to the rescue, and it worked. I did a photo shoot the morning of SnP in my yard, trying to come up with a nice representation of the finished product. That is always fun, as I have quite a few "props" in my yard. Here were some of my options:



Wasabi got in the way in this one!







I ended up with this one.

Thanks to everyone who purchased this pattern. We did sell out of all 33 that I brought to the game, more are available at the shop. So far I have raised about $125 from this pattern! Also really fun has been the feedback from people on their blogs (and they aren't all my friends!)

Oooh - off to work. I'll post more tonight!



No comments: