Thursday, August 23, 2007

Stitch and Pitch

and on we go with updating....
So the day of Stitch and Pitch was fun - we got to the field about 3:15 or 3:3o or so. The cool thing about this event is that we go through the VIP entrance where there are some offices, a receptionist and such. We go through these big service type elevators and then go to the set up area. We have had the same spot for the past three years. It's in an open area where we can actually see the field, the scoreboard and the fans. Some shops have been in the outer concourse area, where I think you just wouldn't feel as much a part of the game. Just my feeling.
I love working Stitch and Pitch. I love seeing our customers out in another venue, and they are all excited to see us, and introduce us to their best friend/mom/sister whatever. There is so much energy going on. Here's some pictures from the evening:

Deb munching on some dinner: (she'll love this one!) I spyed Libby (one of our customers),
is she working on her sock pal sock?










Look at all the knitters!
The view from our side of the table:


and here's what we had to sell:




I did buy some goodies too. The purple and black cones are for the Habu Stainless Steel scarf - I know it has a better name, but I don't remember it. The important thing is this - stainless steel yarn, and the japanese pattern. Cool interesting yarn, and a bit of a dabble into reading the japanese patterns. The pretty, pretty green yarn is Malabrigio laceweight.

Of course, I brought the goodies back to our table, showed them and V immediately asked why the Malabrigio. Well, I had absolutely no idea that we had ordered it for fall (and it arrived today! beautimous!)
The last fun thing about Seattle Stitch and Pitch is reading what the bloggers have to say the next day. My pattern was even being mentioned! Wow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

??? Was your booth not out on the west side in the sun with the others out past the food vendor? Did I miss something? Did I miss alot of other vendors? Crums! If so it's because there sure wasn't any communications going on about where vendors were.. Sorry.